Posterwire.com

Personal Bollywood Movie Poster

Commissioned Hand-Painted Bollywood Poster

Dave Prager, of the weblog Our Delhi Struggle, details the interesting story of how he sought out a Bollywood poster painter living near Old Delhi (India) to commission a Bollywood-style movie poster from personal photographs:

Bollywood Painters

Bollywood painters create custom Bollywood poster

And then, two weeks after we had commissioned it, Jenny and I came to Darya Ganj to behold our first starring role, captured in perfect 1970s Bollywood style. This poster accurately recreated the most exciting experiences we’ve had in Delhi so far: our spontaneous dances in various grand ballrooms, the time we fought criminals as special investigators in the Delhi police force, and that awful incident when our love of diamonds and danger forced us to turn our commandeered autorickshaws against each other.

Unfortunately, India is not immune to the dying art of movie poster illustration, but it is particularly sad considering the loss of these hand painted wonders and the artists who can no longer make even a meager living creating them.

Interested in your own custom hand-painted Hindi movie poster and can’t make it to Mumbai? The site Limona Studio will hire local Bollywood artists to paint one for you and ship you the movie poster painting canvas.

Tagged

12 Comments

1. aneelkumarJanuary 10, 2009 at 11:32 PMReply

i would like to see some of the best movie poster & wanted to create for personal collection.

2. aneelkumarJanuary 10, 2009 at 11:34 PMReply

can i use this

3. aneelkumarJanuary 10, 2009 at 11:34 PMReply

thankyou for helping me

4. aneelkumarJanuary 10, 2009 at 11:35 PMReply

sorry i cant waste time on finding this posters

5. aneelkumarJanuary 10, 2009 at 11:36 PMReply

good bye

6. Photoshop kills the posters stars « My India ExperienceJanuary 12, 2009 at 11:05 AMReply

[…] starych plakatów Bollywodzkich, zamówiony u mistrza gin?cego fachu. Histori? powieli?o ju? kilka blogów, my tylko dok?adamy […]

7. dazuFebruary 9, 2009 at 2:56 PMReply

Love the Bollywood poster artwork!

8. CappyFebruary 12, 2009 at 2:30 AMReply

Every time I come to this page I think Dave (I assume that’s the guy depicted in the poster), is going to shoot the guy to the left in the head.

9. khushiOctober 30, 2009 at 3:15 AMReply

hi, i tried the limona studio site but its not active, can you help me with some website that prints, delivers bollywood, indian movie posters at the doorstep.

i dont thik there is any website in india that caters to this requirement

10. kamnitnoomNovember 29, 2009 at 5:13 AMReply

Hi ! my friends
    I tries to search my poster about bollywood
    This site The great for me
    Thanks.

11. balajiMarch 27, 2010 at 12:46 PMReply

Respected sir,

I am a student of graphic design at the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
    As a part of one of my courses here, I am doing a project on ‘Hindi movie posters’.
    For this I intend to study the posters of Indian films over the years, and also meet
    designers, artists and other creative people associated with the process. In this
    context I would like to meet you and know your views and opinions on the subject.
    I will also be making a small publication based on this project of mine. I intend to
    write the views of people I meet during this project in my publication.

Hence, I would like to meet you sometime over the next few days. Kindly let me
    know when this meeting can be arranged.

Thanking you,
    Your’s truly,

Balaji Waghmare
    PG, Graphic Design,
    NID
    Ahmedabad.

Ph: 09726959978

12. prernaNovember 13, 2010 at 6:48 AMReply

hi! i am a psychology student. i need to do a research on bollywood film poster painters. anyone with any information please let me know. also, if u have an idea about any of such poster makers in mumbai please help me with it asap!!
    prerna