Posterwire.com

2007 Key Art Awards Nominations

Borat movie poster

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan movie poster

Movie Poster Award Nominees

The Hollywood Reporter announced the nominees for The 36th Annual Key Art Awards. This year there are 34 award categories, covering film posters, movie trailers, packaging, outdoor advertising, theatrical standees, print ads, home entertainment and more. New film advertising categories were added for horror, animation and documentary movie posters, along with the (long overdue) web site design category.

We retooled the awards this year to better reflect what movies are in theaters and where people are watching their advertising,” said Bob Israel, chairman of the Key Art Awards advisory board and executive producer of the show. “And we’re keeping an eye on the growing role of nontraditional media and how it’s being used for marketing.

For the second year in a row, film studio Lionsgate leads the field among Key Art Awards nominees, which just goes to show you that we are not the only ones who devote too much attention to the studio’s marketing efforts. The most popular film nominees are Little Miss Sunshine, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, and Borat, with each scoring seven nominations. (It’s good to see our own choice for the movie poster of the year earned a Key Art Award nomination in the Drama posters category.)

The Hollywood Report’s Key Art Awards ceremony will be held June 15 at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, with actor-comedian Rob Corddry as host.

The 2007 Key Art Awards movie poster nominees:

INTERNATIONAL POSTERS
The Black Dahlia
Borat: Teaser
Borat: Teaser
The Prestige
Paris je t’aime

Have a favorite in the movie poster categories? Share your predictions for the winners in our comments section. To see the complete list of 2007 Key Art Award nominees visit The Hollywood Reporter.

Tagged , , ,

Related Posts

10 Comments

1. Cardinal FangMay 25, 2007 at 2:51 PMReply

Besides Hard Candy, my faves here are: Nacho Libre, Little Miss Sunshine, Madea’s Family Reunion, and Paris je t’aime. The Prestige poster gives me vertigo, and some of the Vendetta posters were well done, I recall. Actually, that Crank teaser is pretty good, now that I look at it.

2. adminMay 27, 2007 at 6:22 PMReply

Our picks for the winners in each movie poster category:

ACTION-ADVENTURE POSTER

The Hills Have Eyes

TEASER POSTER
    V for Vendetta

INTERNATIONAL POSTER
    Paris je t’aime

3. Cardinal FangMay 28, 2007 at 8:30 PMReply

I’m not a big fan of the Renaissance or Running with Scissors posters – there’s not much to choose from in the animation category, granted, but I’ll have to agree to disagree with you in the comedy category.

I’d certainly like to hear why you chose The Hills have Eyes in horror – I’m not sure what I’d choose, but it wouldn’t be that.

4. armussMay 31, 2007 at 8:59 AMReply

My favorites

ACTION-ADVENTURE POSTER
    V for Vendetta

ANIMATION POSTER
    Monster House, but not a huge fan of any of them

COMEDY POSTER
    Little Miss Sunshine

DRAMA POSTER
    Hard Candy

HORROR POSTER
    Descent

TEASER POSTER
    V for Vendetta, Family reunion is cool too.

INTERNATIONAL POSTER
    Paris je t’aime

5. BudokanJune 4, 2007 at 12:44 AMReply

You have a great blog! i’ a fanatic of cinema too. Greats!

6. AndyJune 12, 2007 at 4:55 AMReply

Hey awesome blog you got buddy, and the article was surely awesome :)!! have a look at http://www.badmovieknights.com/ when you get time ;)!

7. Nicholas I.June 16, 2007 at 8:48 AMReply

Nice blog. I’m student designer and ran into this image on a myspace profile. Talk about recycled ideas!!! (I should have thought of it first!!!)

If that doesn’t work, just go here:

8. Maria M.July 5, 2007 at 5:29 PMReply

I’ve found your website through a film magazine and I just love it! (I’m from Portugal) Congratulations and keep the awesome work.

By the way: from the posters mentioned above, my favourite is definitely PariS, Je T’aime. Lovely!

9. 2007 Key Art Movie Poster Awards | EloquationJuly 21, 2008 at 8:41 PMReply

[…] Thanks to Posterwire, I recently learned that the Key Art Awards announced their nominations for excellence in movie marketing this past week. You’re all aware of how much I love movie posters, so I figure it’s only fair for me to share some of my comments on the nominees this year. […]

10. 2007 Key Art Movie Poster Awards : i tell storiesApril 2, 2010 at 5:29 PMReply